Detailed Notes On West Dundee Solar Panels AssociationPosted by: Kim Sears | Posted on: January 5, 2021
As of late, solar panels and solar energy have become hot topics. This is due to rising energy prices, global warming issues, and the national security of our country because of our dependency on Middle Eastern nations to supply us with oil. Though solar energy is more commonly understood by the masses, some uncertainty still remains about it.Do you want to learn more? Visit West Dundee Solar Panels Association .
Facts regarding the solar industry:
1. From the light, solar energy arrives. At a rate of 1366 watts / square metre, solar radiation enters the earth’s orbit. This is referred to as the solar constant and not all of it necessarily hits the surface of the earth. The atmosphere absorbs about 19 percent of the energy and another 35 percent of it is reflected by clouds.
2. Solar cells are efficient: solar cells have an efficiency rate of approximately 15 percent when converting solar energy to electricity. That may not sound its really effective, but when you remember that the internal combustion engine only uses about 10 percent of the energy from fuel, you can see that solar cells (photovoltaic cells) are actually 50 percent more efficient than internal combustion engines!
3. Solar supplies more than enough energy: in one hour, the earth receives enough energy from the sun to provide all the energy that the world needs for a whole year!
4. Over the past few years, solar panel costs have fallen by 3-5 percent each year: this has happened as oil and natural gas prices have doubled or tripled over a very short period of time.
5. Keeping 300 pounds of carbon dioxide from being emitted into the atmosphere is 1 kilowatt of solar energy: Enough said!
6. Solar energy is renewable: for another 2 billion years, the sun is not expected to burn out, so we can have enough to go around for a very long time!