Garage Door Problems
now browsing by tag
For a variety of reasons, your computer could begin to cause you problems. The doors will begin to break down as they age, the motors may lose control, and the tracks may become bent and weakened. The majority of these issues would necessitate the use of a qualified overhead garage door repair technician to repair or replace the components. Some of the more common issues, however, can be addressed on your own. Visit our website to get free information about Cactus Garage Door Repair
The most common complaint is that the door simply refuses to open. If you press the remote button and the door does not react, there are a few things to look into:
- Check the batteries in the remote to see if they’re still good.
- Double-check that the motor is safely plugged into the socket.
- Inspect the fuse box to ensure that no fuses or circuit breakers have been tripped.
- Examine the device to ensure that the antenna is properly positioned.
- Check to see if the wall switch can open the door. If this is the case, you can try reprogramming or changing the remote control.
Another common problem is that the garage door does not shut completely. This is due to the door’s inability to slide down the track. Check the track for any bends or obstructions before manually raising and lowering the door. If you can manually lift and lower it without trouble, the issue is with the near limit switch. If the near limit switch is located as follows:
If the door is too far away from the engine, it will not fully open.
If you come too close to the engine, the door will close but the motor will continue to run.
Most of the time, it’s best to leave the switch setup to a professional overhead door repair technician. What would take them a few minutes to complete would consume the remainder of your afternoon.